Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist 7/13-7/19



Q: Tell us a little about yourself…
I'm a stay at home mum of two - my six month old Milla and my 7 year old step daughter Felicity; and couldn't think of anything better in the world.
My week is a full one - I have Felicity 4 days of the week running her play-based therapy for her autism and the rest of the week I juggle Milla and Giggleberry. I love to be busy and get in and get things done.
I have a store on Etsy, selling pre made or custom ordered bunting sets for kids room, nurseries, cubbies, play rooms, parties, baby gifts, craft show tents… anything really!
Q: How long have you been doing this?
I have always loved creating things, and love the 'handmade factor' of gifts, so I started Giggleberry Creations in April 2008 and have loved every minute.

Q: Who/What inspires you?
Forever. I have longed to be a mum - a fun mum - just like my mum was, and still is - I hope I've still got the spark for life she manages to ooze day in and day out for her husband, children, grandchildren, extended family and friends - definitely an inspiration.
In regards to my Giggleberry products - anything unique and different has my full attention and I love to create one-of-a-kind items for that very reason!

Q: What's your favorite piece?
My favorite item is a little bit biased. My mum handmade all her grandchildren a cot quilt - unique for them, so when she made one for my daughter I requested the leftover fabric and created a set of pennant strings with the fabric. They hang above the very cot that the quilt is in!

Q: If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be & why?
I'd love to meet Julie Andrews. I LOVED Mary Poppins as a girl and was a nanny for 4 years from that love. I'm sure she would have many amazing stories to tell.

Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
Much to my hubby's amazement, and disappointment, I have never seen any Star Wars movies so I'd have to vote for Harry Potter in this one - fingers crossed - I have heard Luke is pretty clever! LOL.



Giggleberry's Shop

3 comments:

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

Thanks for the feature - I truly had fun answering all the questions! Oh and nice picks for the pictures! Thanks again, Giggle!

Carry Grace said...

Another great feature!

Sew Bettie said...

I love the bunting. So fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin