Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist 7/20-7/26


Q: Tell us a little about yourself…
I am a 23 year old wife (of almost 3 years) and mother to a one year old girl. I am a southern girl from North Carolina, and still live there today. I have been into crafts ever since I could pick up a glue stick and a crayon. As a child I entered many art contests and won some national ones. Now that I'm a mom drawing has since went out the window (because when do I have the time to draw). Now I concentrate on crafts that I can pick up here and there during nap times.


Q: How long have you been doing this?
I first learned to crochet at age 7. I quit for a long time and picked it back up at the age of 19. Needless to say, I had a lot of refreshing to do. I didn't have a lot of luck with craft shows so I started on Etsy. I have been an Etsy addict since September 2007. I've since been exploring all sorts of crafts depending on what mood I'm in that day.


Q: Who/What inspires you?
I can find inspiration from anywhere. But, I guess my main inspiration is my daughter. I try to make girly stuff that she will one day enjoy, which is odd because I'm definitely NOT a girly girl.


Q: What's your favorite piece?
My favorite item right now is my Blooms and Stripes Blanket. I worked on it off and on for 3 1/2 years so it's been a part of me for a while. I love the felt flower on it. I think it is beautiful yet hip. (See Image Below)


Q: If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be & why?
I would have to say Walt Disney. I just admire his imagination and his courage to follow his dreams. I go to Disney World a good bit, and it just leaves me in awe. To think one man started all that. He started a wonderful place where we all can be kids, where we all can believe in our dreams, and skip down Main Street hand in hand. I just love it.


Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
Harry Potter, just because I know more about him than any Star Wars character, haha.



EBSpider's Shop
Blog

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin