Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist 9/21-9/27

Q: Tell us a little about yourself...
I'm a stay at home mom with two AMAZING daughters who make me laugh every day, a supportive husband of almost 6 years, and I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder since 2002. I started making jewelry as a form of therapy about 3 years ago, after having worked in the commercial jewelry industry for a couple of years. This "therapy" has become a passion in my life, and now, even a business venture. When I'm not wrapped up in family life or making jewelry, I magically find time to teach flute lessons, which is my other passion. I hope to be an example that individuals with bipolar can in fact lead functional lives full of hope and excitement, and accomplish more than they think is possible.

Q: How long have you been doing this?
Almost 3 years.

Q: Who/What inspires you?
My outstanding husband, who supports me in everything I do, and always catches me when I fall.

Q: What's your favorite piece?
It's actually a necklace I made for myself, after having a crazy, spontaneous vision of what I'd like to create. I don't yet have pictures of it up because it's not for sale, but I will be making one like it to sell in my shop. Its centerpiece is a black onyx donut with tassels of silver chain hanging from it, all adorned with 4mm and 6mm red Swarovski Crystals. On either side of the donut, large round white jades and smaller round black onyx are alternated about four inches up, where each side ends with ONLY the round side of a silver toggle, and threaded through each side is a red satin ribbon, which ties in the back. GORGEOUS!

Q: If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be & why?
I would like to meet my grandfather. I'm told he was much like my husband in life, in the way that everyone liked him, there was nothing he couldn't build or fix, and he had the most contagious laugh. Sounded like a great guy.

Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
I don't think I could pick! That's a really good question! I'd like to see that duel.


Sparkly Things By Bonnie Shop

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin