Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist 9/7-9/13


Q: Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a thirty-something single mom of one. A while ago I made the decision that I would be a stay at home mom despite the challenges being the sole breadwinner made that. It's been a bumpy ride but my professional field (web development, general computer geekery) made it possible. Everyone needs a geek.
From there it wasn't too much of a stretch to get back into the artwork I loved so much on a part-time basis and that's just what I've done!

Q: How long have you been doing this?
I've been working with clay steadily for 10 years - what got me started was jewelry making and general bead love, about 15 years ago.

Q: Who/What inspires you?
I'm an easily inspired person! Nature is probably my dominant theme. I love fairy tales and myths and sometimes I try to make little scenes from them in individual, tiny beads.
As far as people, my family are pretty much all devoted fans and that really helps.

Q: What's your favorite piece?
I have two, neither of which I kept! Shame on me. One is a small artdoll who is done as a sunflower with a little face. I haven't made more of those, though I keep intending to. The other is a bowl done in Delft blue patterns, thousands of little slices of flowers. I gave this to my grandmother.

Q: If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be & why?
I am such an anti-celebrity person that I have no idea! I'd probably say I'd like to meet some of the friends I've made working online these last years. So far the ones I've met have all been fabulous and the adventures and friendships that resulted are valued parts of my life now.

Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
I'll go with Luke since that's my favourite story [in the] universe. And his name is cooler sounding.




tooaquarius' Shop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the feature!

I have to admit that I don't know much about the Harry Potter story universe since I've never read the books. Pretty much a die hard Star Wars fan though...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin