Monday, March 1, 2010

The Update

So, I went to see the Rheumatologist last Wednesday. Still haven't figured it out. It could be Sjogren's, but more tests need to be done. And let me tell ya, I was practically a blood donor. Oi vey, I've never seen so many vials! I had a chest x-ray done (not sure what that's for), a bunch of blood drawn for about 16 tests and I'm going to see a Neurologist in a couple of weeks ("just in case"). Signs point to an autoimmune disorder and the sad thing is that whatever it is might be too early to detect. That is to say, that once I have more symptoms, it'll be easier to diagnose. Kinda crappy, but it is what it is.

I just want my sense of taste back. I really miss it. Oh Ben & Jerry, how I've missed you too.
I don't know if I'll ever get my taste back, but here's hoping, because damn it, Half Baked is awesome! The ice cream, silly. :oP

2 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

That sucks!!! I used to work for a rheumatologist, so believe it or not, I actually know what that is. Do they think it could possibly be RA or lupus? I had no idea you weren't feeling well, but I hope you feel better soon.

Winklepots said...

I feel "fine" and I probably would have never even looked into anything if it weren't for my sense of taste. I've got a cold right now, so "fine" is kind of subjective. :oP
I'm pretty sure it's not RA, at least I don't have any join pain and as far as lupus, I don't know, I don't think I have any other signs of that either. It might just be early though, it just seems weird that the first thing to go would be taste. :o(

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin