Monday, March 8, 2010

When I Grow Up

"Hallelujah, I've been saved!"


I'm participating in The Mama Dramalogue Meme this week (check out the site for more participating blogs, or to participate yourself, hey, the more the merrier). Ever since sharing this little tidbit about my daughter to fellow Mama Drama'er Marisa, she thought I just had to share with everyone else. Mostly because she thinks it's weird and gross. :oP

So, up until now, I've been absolutely convinced that my oldest daughter, Peri (who's 5) was going to grow up and follow in my dramatic footsteps. I LOVE doing theatre, in fact, I really miss it, but watching Peri act out ALL of her favorite movies had me convinced she was going the theatrical route too. Until recently.

On several occasions, in recent weeks, I would be picking up toys and kept coming across stuffed animals that were soaking wet. Ew, gross. I would end up tossing them in the kitchen sink to dry and figured my girls were playing with them in the bathroom sink. That was until I found one such stuffed animal lying on the bathroom floor next to a splashy mess around the toilet. Are you freakin' kidding me?! That's just nasty!! Fortunately, a "clean" toilet, but still, ew.

Peri is apparently going to become a priest since she seems to enjoy baptizing all of her stuffed animals; which wouldn't be so bad if her baptismal font of choice weren't the freakin' toilet! Now whenever I come across a stuffed soul that has been saved, I toss them in the trash. I figured, they're going to heaven now anyway; we can't do much else for them. The last time Peri "saved" a furry friend, I made her dispose of him, and since then, she's curbed her baptizing pastime, at least for now. On top of that, we've also threatened to baptize her in the toilet if she does it again. We'll see how long this lasts. :oP And don't worry about the souls of any remaining furry friends, we'll just "pray for them." That should be good enough.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Now whenever I come across a stuffed soul that has been saved, I toss them in the trash. I figured, they're going to heaven now anyway; we can't do much else for them."

----

OMG, I snorted my coffee when I read this. And now my nose hurts and I hole you, and your hilarity, completely responsible for my pain!

But oh lordy, this was funny!

Sarah Knight said...

wow, I was terribly afraid of the toilet as a child. When I went to the bathroom I used to flush it and run out of the room as quickly as humanly possible...

; )

Alyssa S. said...

HA! Sister Peri and her flock of potty baptized converts. NICE!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin