Friday, May 9, 2008

Bring It On


Spring that is. I realize spring officially sprung back in March, however, my dogwood doesn't "come to life" until May. It's my reason for springin'. When we moved in, our lawn used to go all the way down to the sidewalk, and our grafted dogwood sat in the middle of it. My husband kept trying to convince me to get rid of the tree because it looked funny in the lawn, but come on now, how many grafted dogwoods are there?! You either get pink or white blossoms and we have both.
We put in a retaining wall and cut back the lawn, now the tree is a focal point. I just wanted to share my lovely before the blooms are gone again until next year.
It's also a gorgeous day today, so I'm sharing the sunshine too! :o)

4 comments:

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

What a beautiful tree. I'm glad you kept it.

Carry Grace said...

I love dogwoods! Ours is pink!

New England Quilter said...

Your dogwood is beautiful - nice work convincing your hubby to keep it! I love the pink and white together.

Unknown said...

How beautiful! I'm terribly jealous. Flowering trees are just gorgeous in a yard, even if they don't bloom for long.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin