Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist 5/11 - 5/17

Q: Tell us a little about yourself…
I design and create jewelry, which I'm primarily selling o
n Etsy right now. I also do some other art/craft-work, such as photography, painting, knitting, but jewelry is my main focus. My alter ego is currently a graduate student studying geoscience, and is interested in planetary geomorphology (studying landforms on planets). Recently moved to Bowling Green, Kentucky a few months ago, and before that I grew up in lived in Indiana.


Q: How long have you been doing
this?
Since I was a child I've been experimenting and learning different forms of art. I tried
making prints with ink, I taught myself how to use oil paints, and fell in love with pastels. Then I stumbled upon beadwork at a Native American art market, and I've been making jewelry ever since!


Q: Who/What inspires you?
Many things, though I suppose I get a lot of my inspiration from nature. I've always been one who was m
ore intuned with the natural world even as a child, and I think that has carried over into my work. Learning about geology has only enhanced this and made my appreciation of the natural world greater.


Q: What's your favorite piece?
My favorite piece is a choker that I made with a piece of coral from my
mother, which I wire wrapped pearls on. She's collected a lot of shells and coral her whole life, and I found this little piece in the bottom of a box. So I 'snuck' it away and created that necklace. Once I was done I found I couldn't part with it and kept it in my personal collection.


Q: If you could meet any
one living or dead, who would it be & why?
Da Vinci, because he was simply brilliant in art, science, engineering
- I don't think there has really be anyone else like him in our recorded history. Plus, he was a true renaissance man, and often I've felt like a 'renaissance woman' that has been somewhat misplaced.


Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
Alas, neither. Snape would come in and stun them both silly ;)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin