Saturday, February 21, 2009

Is There a Black Thumb?

Jim is always teasing me that I cannot keep a houseplant alive to save my life, or its life, more appropriately. If it's green, please don't bring it into my house. This is where houseplants come to die. But I like to think that maybe I'm just helping them out of their misery, like the Dr. Kevorkian of potted plants, without the jail time. If it weren't for me, there would be strewn ceramic pots and garden soil littering the area under the nearest bridge. So, you're welcome. :o)

Besides, it's a trade off. Which is more important, that the banana leaf tree in the corner is still alive (ps it's not) or that the kids are? I let him pick because there are plenty of days I miss that tree. :oP

Here are some plants more suited to my gardening style.........

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh my gosh.. I thought I was the only one who killed houseplants!!
Now I have a partner in crime!

Unknown said...

haha, we're still twins. I kill all houseplants, yard plants.. and any other kind of plant you can imagine. My house is filled with plastic Ikea plants.

ps. cute blog banner!!!

Momma J said...

Plant killer here too!!!

Parallax said...

But that little cactus pin-cushion is cuter than just about any regular old houseplant I've even seen

Unknown said...

these are such cute lil plants! i managed to kill a cactus once - i wonder if i'll be able to kill a plushie cactus?

Alice Waarvik said...

Oh my we need to start a team for plant killers! I too kill plants. Even those aloe plants that are sooo easy to take care of. I am surprised my kids have lasted this long ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin