Monday, February 16, 2009

OMG! There's a Banshee in my House!!!


It's day 3 and I'm ready to gouge out my eardrums with a toothpick. Ryah is coming up on her 2nd birthday in a couple of months and she's supposed to be weaned from the bottle by then, so Jim and I decided it was time to get rid of them, give her the tab and cut her off. Yup, we made her go cold turkey. I never said we were nice but it's like a Bandaid right? Just rip it off quickly; no need to draw it out. But I guess if she has to suffer we all do. And my miserable banshee loves company.
It's gotten to the point that I can still here her even after she's stopped crying. Like a "phantom annoyer." And it's not just crying, oh no, it's a screaming/crying tantrum. Ugh.
The first night, it lasted for 3 hours straight. The second night only an hour. Tonight, about a half hour, so we are making progress. I think we're wearing her out, finally. Though it's not easy when children's cries were designed to annoy the Hell out of us so that we will eventually come to their aid. And I don't know if I should be offended or grateful that during her tantrums, Ryah is always asking for "Daddy" to come and save her. I guess she already knows who the sucker and the hardass are in this family. :oP

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so definitely the hard ass. I'm the sucker. I might throw idle threats at my girls all day (ie threatening to sell them on the black market and all that) but I have the hardest time making my kids cry by stealing away their comfort and joy (aka: Annelie's baba) and always give in to the crying.

I wish your hard-ass'iness would rub off on my... though I don't envy you the tantrums!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

It'll get better. Then again I am the one up at 5:30am. *sigh* I wish my kids would sleep in. I just have to keep thinking that it doesn't last forever and they eventually turn into teenagers and that is worse.

New England Quilter said...

Try the straw cups - My little guy loves them - he will be 2 in April. Good luck!
Amy
http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com
http://newenglandquilter.etsy.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin