Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Don't Get Pinched!!

Lucky Four Leaf Clover Ring by KiraFerrer

Not sure what undertone my skin has, but I cannot pull off wearing any shade of green without looking sickly and just plain wrong. I never liked St. Patrick's Day because I would inevitably get pinched. Several times. Pinning a green shamrock to my shirt didn't dissuade anyone. It always looked kind of lame anyway. Seriously, people, I didn't forget the day, I just can't (shouldn't) wear green. I guess I was either going to be bombarded with pinches or asked constantly if I was feeling okay. Sigh.
Pinching and pallid color aside, it is an eat, drink and be merry holiday. Heavy on the drink part. Although, there is something disturbing about the green beer they serve annually; just doesn't look right. Anyway, if you can't wear it (like me) there are plenty of other ways to get lucky! Oh wait, that came out wrong. Um, if you can't wear it, don't? It's easy to get lucky? Sham-rock your world? Pinch me, I'm lucky, you can be too?
How about, celebrate and avoid the pinch! :o)

St. Patrick's Day Card by OrangeTwist

Jar of Luck Painting by GollyBard

St. Patrick's Day - Lucky Three by goosegrease

St. Patrick's Day Screened Tee by midTownTees

Green Clover and Flowers Pendant Necklace by dwilcox

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! :o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, by fluke I just realized I'm wearing green! Good thing, I hate getting pinched! Great items here (:

Unknown said...

Oh, I am SO not a St. Patrick's Day kinda girl. I ALWAYS got pinched!! Haha, I just blogged about it too. Of course, you of all people would blog about the negatives of the day, my twin. :)

cabin + cub said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Great green picks!

Mary Ann said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day from one non-green wearer to another(it makes me look yellow). Very nice St Patty's items you've found.

Michael said...

Great green picks. Hope you're having a great non pinch day, haha

elsie said...

just discovered your awesome blog on an etsy forum thread - so glad I did, guess that makes me your newest follower - ps I aspire to be sweetly snarky like you!

come on over and visit me sometime:
http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

I love your green finds, I hope that you enjoyed your day!

elsie said...

just discovered your oh so cute and funny blog on an etsy forum thread - guess this makes me your latest "follower"! come on over and visit me sometime:

http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin