Friday, March 20, 2009

The Plateaued Loser


This year is the big 3-0 and I am bound and determined to look better (ie hotter) at 30 than I did at 29. So, I joined a gym and have been working out regularly. It's been about 3 months and I haven't seen any changes yet in my clothes; I don't rely on the "kindness" of scales. They tend to stretch the truth; in a fat way. I have more of a size goal than a weight goal, anyway. Heck, if I can wear a size 6 and be 150 lbs, woot! :o) Ironically, the scale image above is about what I imagine I'll weigh when I get to my goal size.
Since I'm not really seeing any changes, I've started thinking that maybe I need to add some kind of diet supplement. I keep seeing those ads for SlimQuick and how it targets the reasons that women can't lose weight. Things like stress, hormones, metabolism and energy, to name a few.
I have yet to see a diet pill that will likely work for me. My ideal pill will target all of my reasons. In addition to stress and my slowing metabolism, it needs to target kids, spouse, responsiblitlies, mortgage and lack of time. I imagine, that after a week of taking this miracle weight-loss pill *poof* I will be 20 again.
I guess that's one way to avoid 30. :oP

"Mattie Turns 30" by artsyorange

4 comments:

twolefthands said...

Winkle you are still a spring chicken! I had my ears double pierced when I turned 30, and my eyebrow pierced when I turned 50!

Unknown said...

Wherever did you find that picture of my flat and fabulous midsection???

:) Sorry, couldn't resist

Why does the big 3-0 seem like such a scary age to hit? I'm so glad you hit it before I do. Tell me what its like to be 30, okay?

Haha, just kidding. Sorry, couldn't resist again.

But really, good luck and you'll hit your goal soon!

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

I don't think there is ever going to be a magic pill, but that would be wonderful. I've been on Weight Watchers for 9 weeks and have lost 15 lbs. Before I joined spent three months working out with little result. Weight Watchers isn't magic, but with the tracking of what you eat and being careful about portion size have really helped me. I haven't found it difficlut, but I did have to stop finishing my daughters meals and just throw away what she doesn't finish.
Good luck. You will get there.

Winklepots said...

Actually, I'm more of a Fall Turkey, Lefty. :o) (Thanksgiving baby here)
I don't feel old, nor do I consider 30 old (ahem, Elegant). I'm actually looking forward to my 30's which is why I want to look and feel fabulous. :o)
I think my weight loss culprit is probably sleep and stress. I need more of one and less of the other.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin