Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don't Judge an iPod by It's Cover

I've been trying to be really good about going to the gym on a regular basis. Especially since I'm planning to make my "hotter at 30 than 29" goal. Hey, I still have a few more months. :oP
You'll usually find me in a couple of the group classes, spinning anyone, or I'll be movin' and groovin' on the elliptical machine.

I HATE exercising. I love the way I feel afterward, but finding the motivation to even go to the gym is hard, let alone keeping the momentum once I'm there. For me, it's all about the tunes. Please distract me from the repetitious rotations of the bikes and machines and also the gross sweaty guy next to me, who always seems to be in front of a breeze that makes icky smells travel. Ew.

Just close my eyes. Close my eyes and tune into my iPod. I often wonder if people ever look at me and wonder what kind of music I'm bobbing and moving to. I suspect that they might take a gander at my Winnie-the-Pooh cell phone case, that's holding my iPod, and perhaps think I'm listening to Disney's Greatest Hits. Truth is, I don't have a case for my iPod and I don't use the cell phone case, so voila'. I probably look kinda preppy too in my super cute coordinating Nike outfit, so maybe they think I'm a pop princess fan.

Anyway, I'm willing to bet they have no idea that this body is being built on rock n' roll! That's a Jefferson Starship reference in case you didn't catch it. :oP But I digress, not just rock but classic rock. Oh yeah! Here's my secret motivation, feel free to use it for your own inspiration or just to have some great music to listen to.

The Best Classic Rock Songs to Workout to
(with a couple of other great rock songs thrown in)

  1. "The Joker" Steve Miller Band (warm up)
  2. "Come Together" Aerosmith (warm up)
  3. "Are You Gonna Go My Way" Lenny Kravitz
  4. "Barracuda" Heart
  5. "Immigrant Song" Led Zeppelin
  6. "Foxy Lady" Jimi Hendrix (how is this not inspiring?)
  7. "T.N.T." AC/DC (who doesn't want to be dynamite?)
  8. "Rock You Like a Hurricane" Scorpions
  9. "Carry On Wayward Son" Kansas
  10. "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" Hendrix (yeah I know, but they're both good)
  11. "More Than a Feeling" Boston
  12. "Crazy Train" Ozzy Osbourne (I LOVE this one)
  13. "Learning to Fly" Pink Floyd (cool down)
  14. "Silent Lucidity" Queensryche (cool down)
That's about an hours worth of music for your exercising enjoyment. And hey, if you can't be skinny, at least you can have great musical taste. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.


Rock on my friends, rock on.

2 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

Great playlist! Queensryche in general makes great workout music. Walk In the Shadows is my fav when I'm running. Cheesy 90's hairband music works too...and some Metallica pumping gets me going too. I adore my iPod. I'd fight to the death with anyone who tried to take it!

Unknown said...

Rock on, babe.

PS, you are already hot. You know how I know? Because you look like ME!

Haha, okay, but seriously, you already look fab, so looking hotter at 30 than you do at 29 is just going to be excessive, because you are already hot. Just sayin'

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin