I'm so not a chef/cook by any stretch of the imagination. Really, I hate cooking. I keep thinking that maybe my disdain is due to having a small kitchen, no "proper" training or a fridge that doesn't have the freezer on the bottom (I'm sure I'd enjoy cooking more if I had a freezer on the bottom).
So, I'm all about making it asap with minimal effort and if I can avoid touching raw meat, BONUS!!! Here's a complete, simple meal that's ready in an hour, but only because the chicken bakes for that long. Prep time is only five to ten minutes. Serve with canned fruit like peaches and some fresh from the store bakery French bread.
Entree: Mushroom Chicken
- Boneless, skinless, frozen chicken breasts (4 or however many you can fit in a 9x13 baking dish) The chicken doesn't affect the taste or the overall dish, so you can make as much or little as you need.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the fat free one)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
Salad: Cranberry Almond
- Dried cranberries (I use Craisins)
- Slivered almonds (you can find these in the produce department next to the croutons)
- Shredded mozzarella
- 1 package of ready to use salad lettuce mix
- Dressing of choice (I like ranch with the cranberries)