Friday, July 10, 2009

Feature Friday - Mossiness


Q: Tell us a little about yourself; what makes you so special…
Hi there, my name is Lyn. I live and play in beautiful northeast Georgia with my one very amazing 6 year old daughter and an assortment of sweet furry friends. As a lifelong artist and nature lover, I've probably spent more time than the average person daydreaming. Be it about my next project and getting distracted by anything that captures my imagination. Some would call it dawdling, to me it's just what I do and how I think. My mind is endlessly curious and always hungry for knowledge, which has plunged me down many different artistic paths, always returning to my true loves: painting and photography. Having recently discovered beads and gemstones, I do believe I'm in love all over again......

Q: What do you make/create?
Making jewelry is my latest obsession/compulsion. And perhaps I could be the luckiest gal in the world, having my own bead shop on etsy which affords me an incredible selection of beads and gems to work with. I don't know what process other designers may use, but most pieces seem to make themselves. I just sit quietly while my fingers get busy. May sound a bit odd, but rarely having a clear idea beforehand of what the finished piece will be, I'm usually surprised by the end result. Whatever it is, I find the process very soothing and hypnotic.

Now onto the really important questions…

Q: If you were an appliance, what kind of appliance would you be? Why?
I would be a microwave oven so I could get the tedious tasks done and out of the way in an instant.

Q: Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My mom.

Q: What’s your most embarrassing moment?
I don't get terribly embarrassed, but I may admitting I don't even own an iPod.

Q: Movie star crush?
Johnny Depp as Captain Jack. Beautiful Heath Ledger... gone but never forgotten.

Q: Black and white or a hazy grey?
Black and white, I love contrast.

Q: Who’s on your iPod?
IF I had one, it would be U2, Sting, Rob Zombie, ZZ Topp, Metallica and Celtic music.

Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
They wouldn't fight one another. They'd join forces and become the invincible duo (with a little squabbling over the sidekick issue).

Q: Best advice you ever received?
Love yourself first and you'll have an endless supply of love to share. Once that's accomplished, just go with the flow.

Check out more of Lyn's fabulous wares!

2 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

What beautiful sparklies! A beautiful store. I swear, I love everyone's store pictures better than my own. No matter how I try, I never like mine as well as others I see!

TMCPhoto said...

Great Q&A My fave is the Harry Potter/Luke Skywalker dynamic duo. Skywalker would totally squabble over being the sidekick

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin