Friday, August 7, 2009

Feature Friday - Bad Cat Jewelry


Q: Tell us a little about yourself; what makes you so special...
I'm a SAHM now after working 10 years as a Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist. I got burned out big time and felt that the job just wasn't fun or creative. Thankfully I got knocked up and my husband and I agreed that being at home with the baby (now 5) was the way to go.

Q: What do you make/create?
I create one of a kind jewelry using semiprecious stones, lampwork, swarovski crystals, and vintage beads with sterling silver. Its unique because I very rarely make the same exact thing twice, because I get bored. I often do variations on a theme. I also donate to Specially for Children in Austin, Texas. So I'm still helping kids and their families, just not directly.

Now onto the really important questions...

Q: If you were an appliance, what kind of appliance would you be? Why?
A food processer...it just pulverizes anything.

Q: Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My friend, Libby.

Q: What's your most embarrassing moment?
There are so many I can't quite decide which one to pick out. It's all become a blur. I have a penchant for tripping and falling over my own two feet. So much so, that my husband no longer asks me if I'm okay. I have hit the pavement, literally, in almost every major city in Europe.

Q: Movie star crush?
Hugh Jackman. He appears to be a family man, which makes him soooo much more attractive.

Q: Black and white or a hazy grey?
A lovely hazy, pearly grey.

Q: Who's on your iPod/cd player?
Who isn't? I have music for meditation, to Gregorian Chants, to Classical, Pop, Punk, Classic R & R, Country, Alternative...its a musical mixed salad.

Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
Okay, two of my favorite characters up against each other, this is tough. I think it would have to be Luke Skywalker, because he's got some major Jedi stuff going on. I would like to think that Harry Potter would put up a damn good fight though.

Q: Best advice you ever received?
Be true to yourself.


To view more of Bad Cat's lovely jewelry, visit her store!

3 comments:

Monica said...

I love her work! LOL about your most embarrassing moments :)

BadCat said...

Holly, thank you so much for featuring me! You have the coolest questions.

Waterrose said...

I have those kind of embarrassing moments too. Love your creations!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin