Friday, May 29, 2009

Feature Friday - Emelia Jane


Q: Tell us a little about yourself; what makes you so special…
My name is Emelia Jane and I am currently residing in the lovely village of Shelburne Falls MA. (home of the famous Bridge of Flowers!). I have had a passion for art since I was a child and always knew that was what I wanted do. I focused on photography, glassblowing and walking across Europe (a real class!) in college and continued on to be a glassblower for 6 more years (always taking photographs along the way!) Other than my passion for photography I am an avid hiker, biker, traveler, birder and lover of chocolate.

Q: What do you make/create?
Photography is my passion! I love to experiment with different techniques and styles and to capture an image that will evoke both mystery and beauty. I also have a lot of other hobbies for rainy days. I am always drawing (mostly birds and trees), sewing, painting and making lists of new ideas and projects!

Now onto the really important questions…

Q: If you were an appliance, what kind of appliance would you be? Why?
A Kitchen Aid Mixer because I could be an awesome color, I could make anything from pasta to cookies and I would look good on any countertop!

Q: Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My Mom

Q: What’s your most embarrassing moment?
Hmmm...there have been many but trailing a huge amount of toilet paper that was somehow tucked into my pants through an entire restaurant full of people in Burlington VT definitely hits the top 5 (yes, that really did happen and I still do not know how!)

Q: Movie star crush?
Not a super crush but I do have to say that I swooned a little over Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen in Twilight and Harrison Ford will always have a special place in my heart (sigh)

Q: Black and white or a hazy grey?
Hazy grey all the way!

Q: Who’s on your iPod?
The American Analog Set, Archer Prewitt, Arctic Monkeys, Artie Shaw, The Auquabats Badly Drawn Boy, Beck, Belle & Sebastian, Bonnie Prince Billy, Broken Social Scene, Calexico, Digable Planets, David Grey, DJ Shadow, Elliott Smith, Feist, The Flaming Lips, Frou Frou, Garden State Soundtrack, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Greyboy, Iron and Wine, Isotope 217, Herbie Hancock, Jamiroquai, Kanye West, Lamb, Madonna, Manu Chao, Massive Attack, Modest Mouse, Morcheeba, N*E*R*D, Owen, Pele, Pinback, Radio Head, Sam Prekop, The Sea and Cake, Sigur Ros, Sparkle Horse, Tortoise, Tosca, Ugly Casanova, 5ive Style, a whole bunch of mixes, This American Life, Selected Shorts & The Moth Podcasts and always an audio book (right now it’s The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
Good Question and great to visualize! You are talking to a big fan of both here and I have to say that Harry and Luke have an amazing amount of similarities (both orphans sent to live with an aunt and uncle, both fighting the “dark side”, both have physical scars etc. “gosh I’m a dork!”) but when it comes down to it I am going to have to go with Harry Potter (sorry Luke lovers!). Luke has the force and his light saber but Harry has magic spells (cooler in my opinion) and an invisibility cloak where he could hide from Luke if need be...I can think of a million other reasons why but I’ll keep it at that!

Q: Best advice you ever received?
Always stay true to myself and follow my own path (thanks Mom!)


See more great photography in Emelia's store!

1 comment:

Alyssa S. said...

Beautiful pictures! I so miss seeing Western Mass..though it's been a few years for me.

I still beg to differ on the Jedi/Wizard battle :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin