Friday, May 22, 2009

Feature Friday - Weber Photography


Q: Tell us a little about yourself; what makes you so special…
I'm Nik. I'm 25 or so and I like to call myself a photographer. I live in the biggest city in South Dakota, and I work at a daycare being a substitute mommy to eight infants. I gave up a higher paying social work job to work with infants after having trouble starting a family of my own. I'm married to Jake, who is my best friend, and we have two beagles, Wendell and Vivian. We hang out at the dog park on Sundays. For fun, I read, write poetry and letters, watch movies, play card and board games, play guitar, sing really loudly, and cuddle with my husband and dogs.

Q: What do you make/create?
As I mentioned, I make visual art by way of camera- specifically digital photography or collages. I branched out into the "Through the Viewfinder" style, but due to extra equipment, it's not my favorite medium. If I ever feel ambitious, I create journals/notebooks and address books as well, but that business long-ago took a backseat to photography.

Now onto the really important questions…

Q: If you were an appliance, what kind of appliance would you be? Why?
I would be a blender. I like to mix things up to create something a little more funky.

Q: Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
The last person I spoke to on the phone was my husband. He called with a random question.

Q: What’s your most embarrassing moment?
I don't really get too embarrassed, so that's a hard question to answer. I do remember, recently, going into a men's bathroom and using it before realizing what bathroom I was in.

Q: Movie star crush?
Hmm. I don't have a movie star crush. I'll opt for a musician instead; John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls. Dreamy. Swoon.

Q: Black and white or a hazy grey?
Black, more dramatic, easier to keep clean.

Q: Who’s on your iPod?
It's a pretty eclectic mix of artists like Weezer, Dave Matthews, Goo Goo Dolls, Ingrid Michaelson, Rosanne Cash, Sting, Queen, Lifehouse, Garth Brooks, Lady Antebellum, Guns and Roses, Enya, and many... many... many more.

Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win? Why?
I would win because I'm a real person... I don't know anything about either one of them, really. I like ninjas. They're not a choice.

Q: Best advice you ever received?
Be yourself.

I love love love her photography. Click here for more!

5 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

Great photos! The butterfly is my fav :)

Anonymous said...

Nik's creativity never ceases to amaze me! She's a great artist and an even better friend!

Nik said...

Ah!!!! That's me!!!!

I love my random apple photos. I think they're my current favorite.

Anonymous said...

i love them i actually printed that pic and ussed it for art. It looks to cool. i loved it and i love your photos

Anonymous said...

i love them all. they briten my day hope to see some more creative ones, yay

sam

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin