Friday, May 15, 2009

Feature Friday - Humblebea


Q: Tell us a little about yourself; what makes you so special…
Well, let's see... I am a happily married, stay-at-home Mom of two teens, Mackenzie and Noah and two shih-tzu's, Gracie and Oliver. I found Etsy at the perfect time in my life and have committed all of my free-time to my little shop. I am very lucky to have a family that supports my passion, although Gracie sometimes gets a little bit jealous.

Q: What do you make/create?
I make wee gnomes and birds out of polymer clay, clothing and accessories for children, felt baby shoes... I pretty much make whatever I am in the mood for.

Q: If you were an appliance, what kind of appliance would you be?
That's easy, I would be Ellen DeGeneres' telephone.

Q: Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My husband. I have him and my Mom on speed dial and talk to them throughout the day.

Q: What’s your most embarrassing moment?
The first week I was married we had just moved into our new home. I thought it would be nice to start the charcoal grill and surprise my husband with dinner when he got home. I had never done this before and was very proud that I had started a fire all by myself. While the charcoal was heating, I turned around to pull a few weeds and was amazed at how many people were driving by and waving. "What a friendly neighborhood", I thought to myself. And then it happened, a neighbor got out of his car and ran over to put out the fire on the flaming bag of charcoal in my front yard. Oops.

Q: Movie star crush?
I would stay up late any night to watch Hugh Grant on the David Letterman show. Partly for Hugh Grant, partly for Dave. Johnny Depp is also on my list.

Q: Black and white or a hazy grey?
Hazy Grey.

Q: Who’s on your iPod?
At the risk of teen eye-rolling everywhere, I have to admit that I don't own an ipod. I love the Barenaked Ladies, Matchbox 20, Train, and my all-time favorite: Celene Dion. Oh, I can do a great rendition of "Milkshake".

Q: If Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter dueled, who would win?
Harry Potter, especially if Snape was on his team.

Q: Best advice you ever received?
My Mom, twolefthands, was always creating something when I was growing up. She told me "make sure your back looks as good as your front" and it really stuck with me. I think you can apply this to all aspects of life.


Picking just 3 items from Humblebea's store was a challenge! Click here for more!

3 comments:

Leah said...

It's a very good day if my back looks as good as my front ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Holly, it was really nice chatting with you and getting to know you a little better. I hope you have have a really nice weekend!

Johnny Depp rules! (-:

Michael said...

Great feature!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin